Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bee Log #4: November 15, 2009


There is a bee class offered by the Snohomish County Extension of Washington State University beginning in early January that sounds very good.

Check the link for information. I have signed up and plan to attend. It is a good first step toward becoming an apprentice master beekeeper.


The bees are mostly staying in their hives. The weather is cold and rainy. There are a few dead bees out in front of the hive and I can see a few dead bees as I look in the opening of the hive. The hives feel heavy as I lift up one side an inch or two indicating that the honey stores are good. I will check that periodically through the winter.
The picture is a swarm of bees from our hives. We caught the swarm and successfully hived it.

No comments:

Post a Comment